These workshops are specifically aimed at parents who support children and young people with mental health difficulties that impact family life – they may or may not have a diagnosis. Your child/young person may, for example, struggle with anxiety, school ‘refusals’ or self-harm.
By the end of each Parenting 101 workshop you will have:
- A way to think about the sometimes overwhelming emotions in your home.
- An understanding of which parts of you don’t work well under stress and what you can do about it.
- A few ideas on the behaviours you can model for your children – even when you feel that you got something ‘wrong’.
- Some polyvagal theory – the science behind regulating yourself and your family.
Parenting 101 can be attended as a stand-alone session, but also forms the basis for further, more in-depth workshops covering:
- Parenting Anxiety
- Parenting Self-Harm
- Parenting School Behavioural Challenges.
Dates: Choose one of the following:
- Saturday 9 October, 2021
- Friday 12 November, 2021
- Saturday 4 December, 2021
Times: All workshops run from 10am-1pm
Cost: £25 for one workshop
Venue: The Counselling Centre, Richmond Terrace, 49 London Road, Tunbridge Wells, TN1 1DT
To book a place on a workshop, please email Rhoda directly at email@example.com. Once your place has been confirmed, a £10 deposit will hold it. Rhoda is available to speak to if you have any questions or would like to check if the workshop will suit your circumstances prior to booking.
About your host
Rhoda Scantlebury is a qualified counsellor registered with the BACP and has a background in teaching. As well as working with parents, she has a private counselling practice for adults and young people over the age of 16, and is a neurofeedback practitioner. She is a senior counsellor at The Counselling Centre. For more information, please visit www.rhodascantleburycounselling.co.uk
Back to News