There are times in all our lives when we feel unable to cope. Sometimes the reason for this is clear and we know where to seek help but at other times it is more confused. It is at these times that counselling may be beneficial.
Talking to a counsellor who is impartial and skilled can help you work through your personal difficulties and find solutions. Without giving advice, they will seek to enable you to find your own answers, so that you can be more constructive in the ways that you manage your feelings and behaviour and can live life more fully and freely.
Counselling may be able to help if you are:
• Experiencing any kind of loss, bereavement or trauma
• Suffering from stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression or finding it hard to cope
• Struggling with personal or family relationships
• Having problems adjusting to change, perhaps through redundancy, early retirement or illness
• Facing a problem that is hard to talk about
• Not feeling good about life and don't understand why